Playa Bowls LLC (“we” or “us” or “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information in compliance with applicable law. We collect and process your personal information fairly and lawfully and in order to carry out our lawful business activities.
This CCPA Privacy Notice describes the types and categories of personal information we collect, the business purposes for which we collect, use and share your personal information, with whom we share it, and your rights in personal information under the CCPA.
For purposes of this CCPA Privacy Notice, we refer to personal information according to the following definition given in the CCPA: “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that is de-identified or aggregate consumer information, or information or rights that are outside the scope of the CCPA.
By accessing our Site, submitting personal information to us, or purchasing our products or using our online services, you consent to the collection, use, sharing and disclosure of such personal information as set forth in this CCPA Privacy Notice, as it may be updated from time to time.
What categories of personal information do we collect about you?
- We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you: use or Site, communicate with us, sign up for our newsletter or email list, make a purchase or place an order, use our services, provide us personal information, update or add information to our records, chat or otherwise correspond with customer support, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
- We may collect personal information from you in various ways:
- when you provide us with information;
- when you communicate with us concerning our products or services;
- through automated means when you use our website including by use of “cookies”; and
- through information provided by third party vendors who analyze your usage of our website and provide us with marketing services.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: this information may include your name, your family members’ name, and contact details (including addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and other identifying information you provide to us).
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: such as age, race, color, national origin, gender, citizenship, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, religion, or marital status that you may voluntarily provide to us in connection our providing products or services. This category refers to personal that you may voluntarily elect to provide to us, including, for example, when placing an order for food or merchandise. We never request that you provide us with sensitive information about your health or diet, but we note that sometimes customers elect to share sensitive personal information with us through chat services, postings or customer service interactions.
- Commercial Information: this category includes information concerning our products and services purchased by you and your purchasing history and tendencies.
- Internet and other electronic history: this category comprises electronic information concerning your use of the Site. This information may include information we automatically collect as you browse the Site, including your IP address, browser type and identifier, your operating system, your access times and web pages visited. We may also collect information concerning your mobile device, such as your mobile device advertising ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
Your browser may be set to accept cookies by default. If you do not want cookies placed in your browser, you may be able to turn that feature off or permit certain types of cookies by changing the settings on your browser. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this. You can remove or reject cookies, but be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
- Geolocation Data. We may use your geo-location to provide location based services or advertising.
- Inferences drawn from information you provide to create a personal profile concerning your preferences, characteristics, behavior, attitudes, abilities and aptitudes. We may accumulate the information you provide to develop a consumer profile concerning your behavior and interests, including for our marketing and advertising purposes, and to improve our products.
In the past twelve (12) months, depending on the individual circumstances, we have collected the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, Customer Information under section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Internet History, Geolocation Data and Personal Profile.
Our Business Reasons For Collecting And Using Your Personal Information
Depending on the individual circumstances, we collect and use personal information for the legitimate business purposes of Playa Bowls LLC. These purposes include to provide you with products and services, to process and deliver your orders, to fulfill the purpose for which you provided us with your personal information such as to send you a newsletter you requested, to communicate with you, to market and improve our services to you, to administer promotions, discounts and contests, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of our Site, to protect the security of our Site, to compile lookalike audiences for targeting advertising, and to comply with applicable law, rules or regulations. The use of your email to send to third parties for compiling lookalike audiences for targeted advertising will not result in your being sent advertisements by the third party.
Who we share your personal information with
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
In some instances we may retain other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, Site analysis and development, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, shipping, our rewards program, our mobile application and marketing assistance. Such third parties may be provided with access to your personal information to perform the functions for which they have been retained.
We may disclose any information, including personal data, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to protect ourselves from fraudulent or illegal activity, and to defend against legal claims.
In the past twelve (12) months, depending on the individual circumstances, we have shared the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, Customer Information under section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Internet History, Geolocation Data, and Personal Profile with the following categories of third parties: service providers and third party businesses.
Your rights regarding your personal information
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the following rights in personal information held by us:
- You have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use, disclose and share. You may request (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and (v) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a portable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity.
- You have the right to request deletion of personal information under certain circumstances. For example, we may not be required to delete personal information if we need to retain the information to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, perform on a contract with us, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of these rights. We will not discriminate against you or refuse to provide you services because you have exercised your rights.
You may submit verifiable requests concerning any of your rights by contacting us by e-mail to [email protected]. We will use reasonable methods for verifying that the person making a request to know, data portability or a request to delete is the individual about whom we have collected personal information. This may involve, depending on the nature of the request, confirming that the email address provided corresponds with our records concerning the individual. Additional reasonable measures may also be required to verify the identity of the person making the request depending on the circumstances. For requests to delete submissions made electronically, you will be required to submit the request to delete, and then separately confirm that you want your personal information deleted. To the extent that you wish to use an authorized agent to make requests concerning the rights set forth above, you will need to provide us either with a power of attorney or, alternatively, with signed authorization to communicate with your authorized agent, and directly confirm that you provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request.
We will (i) confirm receipt of requests to know, data portability, or to delete within 10 business days of the request; and (ii) generally respond to requests to know, data portability, or to delete within 45 calendar days of the request. If we need additional time to respond to your request beyond the 45 calendar days, we will provide you with notice explaining the reasons we need more time, and we will then take up to an additional 45 calendar days to respond to your request.
Access By Persons With Disabilities
Persons with disabilities who need assistance accessing this CCPA Privacy Notice may contact us as provided for above, and depending on your individual needs, we will grant reasonable requests to furnish this policy in an alternative format.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us through the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not access, use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us. We do not sell any personal information, including the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
California Shine the Light Law/Online Privacy Protection Act
California Civil Code §1798.83 provides that California residents may request certain information concerning the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Business Code §§22575-22579, you may review and request changes to any of your personal information that we have collected. Should you wish to request this information or exercise these rights, please reach us at the contact information provided.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site or our mobile application. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site or our mobile application, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Do We Honor Do-Not-Track Features?
We do not currently respond to Do Not Track requests. We do not control and are not responsible for third party tracking technologies that may be used on our Site. Such third parties may serve you content based on tracking you across different websites. You consent to potentially encountering third party tracking technologies when you use our Site.
Revisions to This CCPA Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this CCPA Privacy Notice at any time whereby relevant changes take effect for the future. The applicable version of this CCPA Privacy Notice is available on the Site. Please check this CCPA Privacy Notice regularly, and before you submit additional personal information via the Site.
Last Updated: July 14, 2021