What truly inspired the creation of Playa Bowls was Mother Nature. The sand between your toes, sun-kissed skin, and catching waves in tropical beach towns type of lifestyle is what Playa Bowls is all about. The majority of our ingredients, including our famous Playa Acai, come from the Amazon and other tropical environments. The earth isn’t just Playa Bowls’ inspiration but also our company’s foundation, which is why we do everything we can to protect the environment.
Here at Playa Bowls, we feel passionate about protecting our environment and oceans, and we take pride in being an eco-friendly business. We embrace sustainability as a core value of our business and continue to prioritize corporate social responsibility. Here is how we maintain our environmentally-friendly approach to our business:
- Eco-Friendly Bowls – Our bowls are made of recycled water bottles
- Plant Based – We use plant-based spoons in all our locations to minimize our environmental footprint. Made from corn and are compostable.
- Local Work – Our over 1,000 employees are all local to their Playa Bowls™ location, all working to foster healthier, happier communities.
- Building Smart – Easy on the eye, gentle on the earth. The materials used to build our stores are sourced from 50% reclaimed or refurbished materials.
- LED Tech – All new Playa Bowls™ locations are built with 100% LED lighting technology. All our current stores will be completely retrofit with 100% LED lighting in 2020.
To celebrate Earth Day and bring a little sunshine to your quarantine-day, we will have a contest on our Instagram account.
At noon, we’ll post a new photo on our IG profile. All you have to do is comment on the post, explaining what you do to protect the planet and #playaearthday. We’ll announce a winner, and give them some fun prizes!
And for some more Earth day fun check out our friends @ecomadic who have some awesome Earth Day challenges to do!
May we all give thanks to the Earth and continue protecting all of our home!